Calm the Spirit
Essential Oils and Healing Crystals to Calm the Spirit
Five of my preferred and most effective healing stones and crystals to ease grief are rose quartz, amethyst, apache tear, ruby, and moonstone. Exquisite essential oils I use for assistance include Angelica, Bergamot, and Frankincense, often in combination with stones.
1. Rose Quartz & Bergamot: By activating the heart chakra, rose quartz helps release buried and unexpressed emotions, making it ideal for those who resist the grieving experience. Bergamot also opens the heart and helps restore one’s sense of peace and self-compassion.
2. Amethyst: As a stone that assists in guiding one through the realms of life and death, it can be comforting and soothing to those left behind. Its effects upon the third eye and crown centers help clarify the immortality of the soul, bringing one a sense of closeness with loved ones in place of grief.
3. Apache Tear: This obsidian is known as ‘the grieving stone’ and it opens emotional barriers, releases grief, and shields one from psychic attacks while in a weakened psychological state such as grieving.
4. Ruby & Frankincense: This blazon beauty soothes and strengthens both the heart and base chakras to give one the impetus to move forward and remain centered in times of sorrow. Frankincense helps free ties to the past, further promoting progression of the grieving cycle.
5. Moonstone & Angelica: While angelica creates a deeper connection with departed loved ones and angels, moonstone purifies and diffuses negative energies that can keep one in a state of grief. This lovely combination promotes greater joy and optimism — two essentials in troubled times.